TRAINER: Debra Sterling, BN, RN, SANE-A, SANE-P, owner of Medical Eagles Forensic Nurses Consultants, PLLC, and educator.
- Define terms strangulation and suffocation (versus choking).
- Identify terms associated with strangulation and suffocation.
- Describe the process of strangulation and suffocation.
- Identify the important components of a post-strangulation assessment.
- Describe intermediate and long term consequences of strangulation. Identify the important of documentation as well as the appropriate ways to document a strangulation assessment.
This activity has been submitted to the International Association of Forensic Nurses for approval to award two contract hours. The International Association of Forensic Nurses is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.