The Florida Council Against Sexual Violence’s Rural Project and Safe Havens Interfaith Partnership Against Domestic and Sexual Violence are partnering to help build bridges between faith communities and survivors of sexual violence. As part of this partnership two trainings will be presented.
August 1, 2018
This training is for sexual violence advocates and will address:
- Importance of faith and spirituality for victims of abuse
- Critical and unique role faith leaders (clergy and lay) can play in responding to victims and being a conduit to services
- Technical assistance to support reaching out to and engaging faith leaders
- Responding to the needs of specific faith communities: Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc.
- Tips for presenting agency services to faith leaders, building a common language, and focusing on common values
9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Training
12:00 pm - 1:15 pm: Lunch on your own
1:15 pm - 3:15 pm: Training
CEUs will be offered free-of-charge for Florida licensed social workers, marriage and family therapists, and mental health counselors.
We have secured a hotel room block at the same hotel the training will be taking place -- Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village. Below is the link to make the reservations. You can also call in to make reservations on the central reservations line at 1-800-937-8461 and reference the FCASV Rural Advocates Training. The rate will be $110 plus tax and a separate resort fee of $10. The deadline to make the reservations is Monday, July 23rd. The rates are good 3 days pre and post event based on availability.