Click here for Round 1 of Q&A for the Trauma Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Grants
Click here for Round 2 of Q&A for the Trauma Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Grants
Click here to for the recording of the May 29 informational webinar about the Trauma Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Grant. There are two rounds of questions and answers available.
The Florida Council Against Sexual Violence (FCASV) will issue two $200,000 awards through the new Trauma Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Grant.
The two successful law enforcement agency applicants will receive $100,000 a year for two years (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2020) to enhance their ability to conduct trauma informed investigations by:
- Hiring at least one additional detective to focus exclusively on sex crimes against victims 11 years and older.
- Participating in a one-day site visit to review the agency’s current response to sexual assault and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Holding a two-day training on trauma informed sexual assault investigations.
- Collaborating with the certified sexual assault program to advance the trauma informed response.
- Updating sex crimes policies and procedures with trauma informed practices.
The required statement of intent to apply is due June 5, 2018 by 5:00pm EDT, and the full application is due June 22, 2018 by 5:00pm EDT. See the attached request for proposal (RFP) for details, or view it here.