Registration is FREE, but space is limited. Priority registration is given to ACSO detectives and Alachua County area responders.
Click HERE to register.
Trauma informed sexual assault investigations are used at law enforcement agencies around the country. Based on the science of how trauma affects the brain and victim behavior, the new interview techniques yield better evidence to hold offenders accountable. Florida jurisdictions using the trauma informed approach also report higher confidence and trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
Instructors: Det. Mick Kispert (retired), Orange County Sheriff’s Office
Grace Frances, Florida Council Against Sexual Violence
- Immediate victim responses to trauma
- How trauma affects memory and behavior
- Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview (FETI)technique
- Advanced investigative techniques
- Drug/alcohol facilitated sexual assault investigation strategies