Date: April 17th | 8:30 - 17:00
Location: Harvet L. Fenn Center
2000 Virginia Ave, Fort Pierce, FL 34982
Trauma informed sexual assault investigations are used at law enforcement agencies around the country. Based on the science of how trauma affects the brain and victim behavior, the new interview techniques yield better evidence to hold offenders accountable. Florida agencies using the trauma informed approach also report higher trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
Registration is FREE, but space is limited. Priority registration is given to Indian River, Martin, and St. Luice County detectives and area responders.
Registration closes on April 10th, 2019.
Instructors: Captain Mike Schentrup, Gainesville Police Department
Sergeant Rebekah Moore, Gainesville Police Department
- Immediate victim responses to trauma
- How trauma affects memory and behavior
- Trauma informed interview technique
- Advanced investigative strategies
- Drug/alcohol facilitated sexual assault investigation strategies